Friday, March 23, 2007

I have question for ya...

Recently I listened to an audio book called "Stop CLUTTER from stealing your life". As I listened to the narrator talk about how clutter in your home and office means clutter in your brain...I started to think...

This dude was SERIOUS! Up until now I just thought I like to waste money on things I will never use, never make, never wear or never fit into....but that's not the case. I have a friggen disease...as I sit here organizing my scrunchies, and sorting my pictures from 6th grade...my brain is being consumed by CLUTTER!! You might laugh...but let me tell you this is a long and painful way to die!!

I was relieved once I realized "clutter" is actually caused by compulsive hoarding...there is still hope for me to overcome this without medication or intervention! The main thing I need to do is change my thought process and I've come up with...."No WHY no BUY!" If I don't have a reason to buy it...I'm not going to buy it! So PLEASE...help me be strong! Knowing that I have each of you as part of my support group is a great feeling!
"Maybe I'll buy you something"
"NO I won't"
"I can't..."
AHHHHHHHHHHH...this is going to be hard!! I better look into a 12 step program!

Think I'm joking....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding

SHOOT!! Now I forgot what my question was.......

3 comments:

Heather said...

Perfect...bring food!

Katie said...

ok, wait, are you saying you are messy or just a collector? hahahahahha??????
the other piece of advice from 'wife swap' ive heard is you have to ask yourself if:

do you love it?
do you need it?
does it make you money?

if you answer no to those then throw the shit away.

xoxoxo

Carleena said...

Heather - You did very good at this Friday night - - You did not purchase one thing.... You must be starting the recovery process... Stay strong!