Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Please walk with me...




Last weekend I followed the 3-day walkers around Seattle, cheering and thanking them for walking...for all of us! It was amazing to see the dedication of 3000 people...in pink!!

I have decided to walk for the City of Hope for a few reasons...okay!okay! The fact the walk is only 3.1 miles is one reason! (which still might kill me!)

My cousin Kris DiOrio is the main reason...she is currently battling breast cancer. I've decided to setup a TEAM to walk in her honor. We will walk for our cousin...our friend...our Kris!

We will also walk for ourselves...for you...for everyone!

"Every woman in America will be touched by breast cancer in her lifetime. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. The other seven will know her. Our goal is to reach the seven in order to help the one."

Please join us...walk with us because YOU CAN!

Cousins For A Cure
It might not be 60 miles or 3 days but it is the same great cause!!
Thank you for supporting City of Hope. Your contribution will go towards the important research, education and treatment programs that are essential in the fight against this disease!


Pass it on...lets build a great team!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I sent it to everyone I could!!
Who is in the picture with you and Kayla?
I'm not sure you can walk 3 miles!!! Should be lots of laughs..
GO TEAM COUSINS!!!!
mom

nadinehayes said...

Thanks for setting this up Heather.

Carlie,Kris,Aaron,Gracie said...

All I can say is WOW!! This is incredible and I am so touched by you, Stacy, EVERYONE! Thank you Heather...you look AWESOME IN PINK!
XXOO